We carefully follow government recommendations to ensure a safe and healthy environment for all students and teachers at our facility with an area of 5,000 square feet. We have enough space for supporting the principles of social distancing while on the dance floor. We clean and disinfect our facility between all classes to ensure the safety of our customers.
MBS does its best to create a safe environment for its students. This Health and Safety Plan does not express any guarantees, promises or representations, or does not represent 100% effectiveness against the spread of the disease. It aims to complement the guidelines set forth by the CDC with state and federal authorities, and can be as effective as a formal guide combined with a public willingness to follow.
Risks of Participation:
We have undertaken reasonable steps to lessen the risk of transmission of communicable diseases, including but not limited to, COVID-19, in connection with participation in the activities. Please be aware that participation in the activities carries with it certain inherent risks related to transmission of communicable diseases (“Inherent Risks”) that cannot be eliminated regardless of the care taken to avoid such risks. Inherent Risks may include, but are not limited to, (1) the risk of coming into close contact with individuals or objects that may be carrying a communicable disease; (2) the risk of transmitting or contracting a communicable disease, directly or indirectly, to or from other individuals; and (3) injuries and complications ranging in severity from minor to catastrophic, including death, resulting directly or indirectly from communicable diseases or the treatment thereof.
• If a students has been fully vaccinated, masks are not required in class.
• Unvaccinated people will wear face masks and maintain six feet of distance. This includes all dancers ages 8 and up who are not fully vaccinated.
Dancers under age 7 may choose to wear a face mask.
• Masks are required for all parents vaccinated or not.
In the studio:
• Parents of dancers aged 7 and under may wait in the lobby
• The parent/guardian of a student who is taking a private lesson should be present in the lobby unless other classes or rehearsals are held. Other parents or visitors are not allowed inside the building until further notice.
• Lobby is closed for class observation.
• Meals in the building (unless absolutely necessary) are not allowed until further notice. Dancers can eat snacks outside.
• Hands should be washed / sanitized at the entrance to the studio before and after each lesson.
• Always cough or sneeze in your elbow, use a cloth, and immediately throw away the used cloth in the bin.
• MBS will frequently disinfect all high touch level surfaces.
• Hand sanitizer will be easily accessible throughout the building, although anyone who enters the room is encouraged to have their own to guarantee access to it.
• All bars will be sanitized before and after use.
• Door handles and touch areas will continue to be cleaned regularly.
• To minimize exposure to the toilet, we recommend that all dancers (especially young ones) use the toilet at home before the class.
• Restrooms will be allowed to be used one person at a time.
• Antiseptic wipes and paper towels will be available before and after use.
• Remember to wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
Thank you for keeping our community safe and helping us keep creating and learning. We understand that this year has been incredibly difficult.
Your care and caution have helped us create a safe and enjoyable space to share our love for dance!