We carefully follow government recommendations to ensure a safe and healthy environment for all students and teachers at our facility with an area of 5,000 square feet. We have enough space for supporting the principles of social distancing while on the dance floor. We clean and disinfect our facility between all classes to ensure the safety of our customers.
MBS does its best to create a safe environment for its students. This Health and Safety Plan does not express any guarantees, promises or representations, or does not represent 100% effectiveness against the spread of the disease. It aims to complement the guidelines set forth by the CDC with state and federal authorities, and can be as effective as a formal guide combined with a public willingness to follow.
Risks of Participation:
We have undertaken reasonable steps to lessen the risk of transmission of communicable diseases, including but not limited to, COVID-19, in connection with participation in the activities. Please be aware that participation in the activities carries with it certain inherent risks related to transmission of communicable diseases (“Inherent Risks”) that cannot be eliminated regardless of the care taken to avoid such risks. Inherent Risks may include, but are not limited to, (1) the risk of coming into close contact with individuals or objects that may be carrying a communicable disease; (2) the risk of transmitting or contracting a communicable disease, directly or indirectly, to or from other individuals; and (3) injuries and complications ranging in severity from minor to catastrophic, including death, resulting directly or indirectly from communicable diseases or the treatment thereof.
As you may have heard, the Governor has issued an executive order requiring all Minnesotans to wear a face covering in indoor businesses and indoor public settings beginning July 25, 2020. This does include all public and private school district buildings and facilities. Beginning July 25, all adults (staff and visitors) and children over five years old will be required to wear a mask while in our studio building.
There are some situations where a student may be exempt from wearing a mask. According to the Minnesota Department of Health, those who are exempt include:
-Children between the ages of 2 and 5 years old are not required to wear face coverings, but are encouraged to wear a face covering if they can do so reliably in compliance with CDC guidance.
-People who have medical or other health conditions, disabilities, or mental health, developmental, or behavioral needs that make it difficult to tolerate wearing a face covering.
In some situations, masks may be temporarily removed in MBS facility. This includes:
-When students are participating in organized sports or exercising and a mask makes breathing difficult
-When eating or drinking
In each situation, social distancing should be maintained.
Types of face coverings may include a paper or disposable mask, a cloth mask, a neck gaiter, a scarf, a bandanna or a religious face covering. The face covering must cover the nose and mouth completely. The covering should not be overly tight or restrictive and should feel comfortable to wear.
If you have additional questions about how this new requirement may affect your student’s involvement in summer programming and activities, please contact the staff lead for the program your student is involved in. Here is more information on the mask requirements from the
Minnesota Department of Health.
Before class – drop-off:
– The lobby will not be open for waiting.
– Students must be dropped-off no earlier than 5 minutes before the scheduled lesson. This is to avoid unnecessary exposure.
– Dancers should arrive in dance wear (with warm-ups), ready to go straight to the studio. Changing room is closed for dressing or other use.
– All MBS members are asked to monitor their health at home before entering the studio. The student will be denied entry if she/he has any of the following symptoms of COVID-19: active cough (even with allergies), Dyspnea, Headache, Heat, Sore throat.
After class – pick-up:
– Please come to the parking lot 5-10 minutes before the scheduled class end time to be ready to pick up the dancers when they leave the building.
– Dancers must proceed directly to the car after the class.
In the studio:
– Parents/guardians of students 7 years old and younger will be allowed to enter the building with the participating student. Other family members (brothers and sisters, etc.) will not be allowed into the building.
– The parent/guardian of a student who is taking a private lesson should be present in the lobby unless other classes or rehearsals are held. Other parents or visitors are not allowed inside the building until further notice.
– Lobby is closed for class observation.
Individual Protection Means:
– All MBS members will be asked to wear masks in order to enter the facilities.
However, wearing a mask during the class is optional.
– Masks, hand sanitizer and antiseptic wipes will be provided if a student doesn’t have one. (but it is highly recommended that students bring their own.)
Food and Water:
– The MBS locker room and fountains are closed until further notice.
– Meals in the building (unless absolutely necessary) are not allowed until further notice. Dancers can eat snacks outside.
– Students are advised to bring several filled water bottles.
– Dancers will bring their dance bags and personal items directly into the studio with them. Each dancer will be assigned an individually marked spot on the floor against the mirror. Before entering the studio, the dancer must take off her/his street shoes and carefully put them in the personal spot. All spots and surrounding areas will be cleaned between each class.
– Hands should be washed / sanitized at the entrance to the studio before and after each lesson.
– Always cough or sneeze in your elbow, use a cloth, and immediately throw away the used cloth in the bin.
– MBS will frequently disinfect all high touch level surfaces.
– Students and their families are encouraged to use their elbows / hips instead of hands when possible, to open doors or turn on switches.
– Hand sanitizer will be easily accessible throughout the building, although anyone who enters the room is encouraged to have their own to guarantee access to it.
– Door handles and touch areas will continue to be cleaned regularly.
– To minimize exposure to the toilet, we recommend that all dancers (especially young ones) use the toilet at home before the class.
– Restrooms will be allowed to be used one person at a time.
– Antiseptic wipes and paper towels will be available before and after use.
– Remember to wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
Physical distribution and class size reduction:
– MBS will use the 6-foot rule in studios and beyond until further notice.
– The maximum class sizes and construction capacity will be determined and adjusted in accordance with state and local requirements.
– The practice of physical distance in the class includes the following: all class work will be performed at a distance of 6 feet.
– All bars will be sanitized before and after use.
– The dance floor will be restricted to a 10-foot perimeter for work in the center.
– Classes that can safely navigate the floor will do so with special attention to choreography, which allows each student to be 13-16 feet from the person who is walking towards them (the recommended distance for traveling exercises).
All rules above apply to private lessons.